The Project: Lyell Highway - Murphy’s Flats to Molesworth Road
Construction Period: Nov 2008 - Dec 2009
Location: Lyell Highway between Granton and New Norfolk in two separable portions.
Superintendent's Representative: Leon Ashlin
Project Manager: Stewart Geeves
Project Foreman: Tim Walter
Project Foreman: Paul Burdon
Scope of Works
Reconstruction of 4.11 km of highway - Murphys Flats overtaking lanes to Molesworth Road junction.
The works involved widening of the sealed pavement to provide two 3.5 metre lanes and 1.2 metre shoulders on each side, improvement to the highway alignment and improvement to accesses.
The project included:
- Clearing and grubbing;
- Surface and subsoil drainage;
- Stormwater works including box culverts crossing the highway;
- Supply and placement of pavement sub base, base and verge material;
- Supply and placement of bituminous surfacing;
- Installation of traffic facilities including pavement marking and signs;
- Modification to property accesses and fencing;
- Minor concrete works;
- Protection of environmentally significant sites and environmental management;
- Traffic management;
- Topsoiling and hydromulching;
- Sundry minor works.