CIVIL CONSTRUCTION CONCRETE HANDS / FINISHERS
We have positions available for enthusiastic, reliable workers. If you are willing to learn, hardworking and able to adapt to a changing work environment this might be for you.
You will be working with a kerb and gutter crew on sub-divisions and other civil works sites, pouring kerb and gutter, boxing paths and driveways, concrete placing and concrete finishing, as required.
Successful applicants will have a hands-on approach to their work and be team players. Positions will be casual, with immediate start and will be based in the south. Experience would be an advantage but is not necessary as full training will be provided. You will have a white card and a current manual driver licence; an MR licence would be an advantage.
For further information please phone Ben Green on 0418121133 or the office on 62498799.
Applications in writing are to be addressed to: The Manager, Personnel and Administration, PO Box 5, Claremont Tas 7011 and can be emailed to HR@awconstructions.com.au. Applications close Friday 27th August 2021.
EXPERIENCED TRAFFIC CONTROLLER - DEVONPORT AREA
SIX MONTH CONTRACT POSITION
We are currently seeking an experienced Traffic Controller for our northern crew, for immediate start on a project at Latrobe. You will be a self-starter, hardworking, reliable and committed to the role.
The position will perform the day-to-day activities for Traffic Management, setting up and controlling traffic at the work site and completing all traffic management records. You must be able to work well within a team and have pride in your work.
The successful applicant will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role and preferably will hold Prepare Work Zone Traffic Management Plan and Apply Risk Management Processes accreditations. At a minimum you will have current Implement a Traffic Management Plan and Control Traffic with a Stop Slow Bat accreditations, a White card and a Manual Driver licence.
Additionally, you will have:
- the ability to keep up to date with traffic management guidelines & standards
- familiarity with safety management systems, procedures, and risk assessments
- the ability to identify hazards and minimise risks
- be positive and cooperative in your dealings with clients, colleagues, and suppliers
Your application will include answers to the following questions:
- How many years’ experience you have as a traffic controller
- Do you hold a Construction Industry Certificate (White Card)?
- Do you have a current manual Australian Driver licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol screen test?
- Are you willing to complete a pre-employment Police Check?
- Are you a permanent resident of Australia?
- Do you have appropriate permissions to work in Australia?
AWC is a proudly owned Tasmanian company. If you are seeking employment with an industry leading company committed to safety while providing customers with industry best services, please apply.
We welcome and encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please provide a cover letter with your resume. Applications should be addressed to: The Manager, Personnel and Administration and forwarded by close of business 20th August 2021. Email to email@example.com
For any queries please contact Geoff McKenna on 0407874770 or Hayden Allwright on 0428204714.