AWC employs more than 100 Tasmanians in a wide range of roles in civil construction. The best measure of the company's workplace culture is that many employees have been with AWC for several decades, with some having worked for the company since they left school.
The AWC leadership team is committed to building the skills and capacities of the company's workforce and offering employees pathways to successful careers. AWC supports staff members gaining further experience and qualifications and offers a range of training opportunities.
If you would like to work for a Tasmanian-based, locally owned civil construction business that is committed to the highest degree of safety and delivering quality services, we'd like to hear from you.
AWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Jobseekers from indigenous or a culturally diverse background are encouraged to apply.
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER OR PROJECT ENGINEER
AWC is seeking an Assistant Project Manager or a Project Engineer in the Launceston area.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual seeking to expand or commence their career while working with a Tasmanian leader in civil construction.
The successful applicant will have knowledge gained from practical experience and studies that, along with attention to detail, will add value and support the delivery of projects.
Primary responsibilities will be assisting the team with project management and contract administration, technical aspects of projects, construction cost estimations, schedule preparation, site-based construction inspection and subcontractor management. This involves working with the project management team for ongoing development of internal standards and within our quality management system.
The opportunity includes being mentored and tasked with technical, project and construction management roles on our construction projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- excellent organisational and time management skills
- strong leadership and interpersonal abilities
- exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- problem-solving aptitude with an initiative-taking attitude
- ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing priorities
- attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality results
- experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) is essential
- excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) and
- the desire to work in a strong team environment, building on our solid foundations.
AWC is committed to offering excellent working conditions, including an attractive salary package, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For further information please call Brendan Moore on 0428 969 532.
AWC is looking for a Construction Estimator to work based in the Hobart office. This is an opportunity for a self-motivated individual seeking to expand or commence their career in estimating while working with a leading Tasmanian civil construction company.
The primary responsibilities will be assisting the Tendering Manager with tender submissions to a range of clients and assisting the broader team undertaking project tenders.
The Construction Estimator will have a role in the full cycle of the estimating process, including tender kick-off, site visits, cost estimation, construction methodology, client meetings and tender handover.
Responsibilities will include:
- Estimating from first principles for bulk and detailed earthworks, roadworks, subdivisions, concrete works, stormwater drainage, services, retaining walls etc;
- Completion of construction methodology, schedules and programs, completing supporting information for tender submissions to clients;
- On-site scoping and tendering of new works;
- Requesting and evaluating quotes from suppliers and sub-contractors;
- Quantity take-offs and verification of schedules;
- Ensuring adherence with quality and contract requirements as well as company policies, plans and procedures.
The knowledge the successful applicant has gained from practical experience and studies and attention to detail will add value to and support the delivery of AWC projects.
- Completing accurate and competitive estimates in a timely manner
- Reviewing and analysing documentation specific to each project
- Reviewing and analysing subcontractor and supplier prices
- Strong attention to detail with excellent literacy and numeracy
- Effective all-round communication and negotiation skills, ability to work autonomously and high levels of energy and motivation
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing priorities
- Commitment to delivering high-quality results
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook essential) with training in estimating software provided
- The desire to work in a strong team environment, building on our solid foundations
- Ability to analyse and develop innovative solutions to refine estimates
- Proven ability in time management and bidding for concurrent tenders
The opportunity includes being mentored and tasked with technical, project and construction estimates.
AWC is committed to offering excellent working conditions, including an attractive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For further information about the position please call Brendan Moore on 0428 969 532.
We are looking for an Accountant to work with our management group.
This is a new role aiming to ensure compliance with new and evolving reporting practices, allowing you to be involved in implementing them into our system. It also provides an opportunity for a self-motivated individual seeking to expand or commence their career in accounting while working with a leading Tasmanian civil construction company.
Supporting AWC management, the primary responsibilities will be ensuring compliance activities are met by assisting the Company Accountant. This will include preparation of monthly BAS, FBT analysis, ABS and ASIC reporting requirements; bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, expense analyses and reporting; preparation of monthly financial statements (profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow etc).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Accounting or Business, or working towards such
- Experience in computerised accounting packages
- Intermediate or advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- High ethical standards and commitment to confidentiality in handling sensitive financial information
- Membership of CAANZ or CPA
- Minimum of two to five years’ work experience in a similar role
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
AWC is committed to offering excellent working conditions including an attractive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications. For further information please phone the office on 6249 8799.
All applications are to be addressed in confidence to: The Manager, Personnel and Administration.
Our Vision is to be recognised as a leading civil contractor in Tasmania with integrity and genuine commitment to improvement.