The Project: Bulk earthworks, underground services, carpark construction, retaining wall and widening of Howard Road
Location: Tasman Arch / Pirates Bay (Tasman Peninsula)
Period: Sep 2014 - Jun 2015
Project Manager: Stewart Geeves
Project Supervisor: Paul Woodward
Scope of Work
Construction of a HDPE lined stormwater retention pond, holding 12,000 cubic metres of contaminated water.
- Construction of a new road and 34 space carpark through the Tasman Arch National Park (previously bushland).
- Asphalt and concrete speed humps
- Stone wall construction either side of the speed hump
- Extensive subgrade replacement
- Culvert installations
- Colour contrasting aggregate spray sealing
- Signage and linemarking
- Exposed aggregate footpaths
- Boat ramp access road widening including concrete retaining wall construction.
- Fabrication and installation of a new 12 m long, steel pedestrian footbridge
- Bulk earthworks for construction of new parking bays and turning areas
- Extensive tree felling
- Stone wall and speed hump construction
- Guard rail installation